Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
From the co-operation of Kembangan UHC hospital and Smile Train Organization (USA), we have been helping out over 600 cleft lip and cleft palate patients in Myanmar as a corporate social responsibility (CSR) Program
- Any Patient who is above 1 year (12 months) is eligible for the surgery.
- Every patient can come at anytime, and we do the surgery every week.
- Fees will be free of charge once the patient start taking treatment till to the day the patient discharge from the hospital (including blood test, X-rays, surgical fees and drugs)
How does Cleft Lip and Cleft Palate Happen?
According to the surveys, during the pregnancy, it is most likely to have a child with cleft lip or cleft palate whose mother or father is a heavy smoker. ( Smoking mother tends to have a child with cleft lip or cleft palate than a non-smoking mother)
Diabetic mothers are more likely to have a child with cleft lip or cleft palate
Those who has history of cleft lip or cleft palate in the family history also tends to have a child with cleft lip or cleft palate
- Lack of nutrition during pregnancy
Mother of a child should have adequate amount of nutrition during her pregnancy period. Those who does not have adequate amount of nutrition & inhale a lot of smokes from the environment or cigarettes can result in a cleft lip or cleft palate offspring.
When does the Cleft Lip or Cleft Palate happen?
- Generally mouth forms within 4-7 weeks during the pregnancy period.
- From each side of the brain, body tissues and cells joins and form to become a mouth on the face. Due to the lack of these cells to form a mouth, it results in a deformity and hence known as cleft lip. Both Cleft lip and cleft palate can be seen together at most of the times.
- The palate generally forms at 6-9 weeks of the pregnancy. During this period, if the cells lack to combine to form a palate, it will result in cleft palate (front side) or (backside) or can be both. If a child has a cleft palate, the child cannot suckle the mother’s milk, difficulty in feeding or breathing, slurred speech or even hearing deficit.
- During the pregnancy, the mother of a child should have adequate amount of nutrition as well as regular annual check-up in a hospital and check if the newborn has any deformities with the help of ultrasound. If the child is born with cleft lip or cleft palate, the treatment (surgical procedure) can be started after 12-18 months. The earlier surgical procedure can be the merrier, and can help the child looks normal, can speak normally, can breathe as pattern and can prevent in hearing deficit.
News & Media
MySQL: 0.0003 s, 0 request(s), PHP: 0.0026 s, total: 0.0029 s, document retrieved from cache.